Introduction to Low-Code
A low-code development platform (LCDP) is software that provides a development environment used to create application software through graphical user interfaces and configuration instead of traditional hand-coded computer programming. A low-code model enables developers of varied experience levels to create applications using a visual user interface in combination with model-driven logic.
What we found out?
Based on our long experience as developers, product owners, architects and software vendors, working for customers from SME to large enterprises, we realized that:
- Effort for building applications in the classical way is high
- Development and delivery of business applications is slow
- Extending business applications and processes is difficult
- The end result is increased:
- Setup and training costs
- Development and deployment costs
- Maintenance and upgrade costs
- Entrance barrier to the cloud
However companies would like to innovate with speed and less efforts!
What is the pain today?
- The time to market is too slow, usually it takes more than 9-12 months, per business application to be developed and released to the customers
- The traditional hand—coded software is not “bug free” and require continuous support with cost ratio up to 7x compared to the development cost
- It takes too much time, even for professional developers, to on-board and to be productive in the cloud
How to reduce the amount of traditional hand coding, enabling accelerated delivery of business applications and at the same time having a lower initial cost of setup, training, deployment and maintenance?
Build a technology platform to serve the needs LoBs that need Low Code Platform/Tooling for ”domain experts” and/or “citizen developers”. Such platform will allow the target persona to design and build solutions that will easily integrate/extend with other systems. It will also lower the learning curve, needed to start developing and extending existing systems.
In the news
- “By 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity”
- “By 2024, three-quarters of large enterprises will be using at least four low-code development tools for both IT application development and citizen development initiatives.”
Low-Code market size as of today
- $46.4 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 25% CAGR
- $3.8 billion in 2017
- $21.2 billion by 2022, expected
- $46.4 billion by 2026 is the predicted market size
- 25% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR)
- 75% of the Large Enteprises are going to use at least four Low-Code Application Platforms (LCAP) by 2024
- 65% of all application development will happen in LCAP by 2024
Who is affected today?
- We’ve spoken to 250+ users and individual contributors in the context of Low-Code development and high-productivity tooling
- The feedback is positive and they are dreaming about using high-productivity tools, that are lowering the entrance barrier to the cloud
- “Designing and integrating application business processes is complex task and takes too much time”
- “Changes in the application domain model requires experienced professionals and is error-prone”
- “Development is up to 10 times faster with Low-Code tooling”
Customers and partners are expecting from us to lower the entrance barrier to the cloud for newcomers and to boost their productivity.
Building a healthy partner network is a primary goal for codbex. The players within the business ecosystem all have different requirements, skills and motivation factors. codbex on one hand side, provides all the needed development tools, deployment model, marketplace, payment provider integration, collaboration tools and on the other hand establishes a set of rules, to ensure the fairness in the business partners relationship.