Last Revised: April 1, 2023
At CODBEX, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our users’ personal data. This Privacy Fundamentals policy outlines our approach to privacy, including our compliance with global privacy principles and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Global Privacy Fundamentals:
We adhere to the following privacy principles to protect our users’ personal data:
- Transparency: We are open and transparent about how we collect, use, and share personal data. We provide our users with clear and concise privacy notices that explain our data practices.
- Purpose limitation: We only collect personal data for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes. We do not use personal data for any other purposes without the user’s explicit consent.
- Data minimization: We only collect and retain personal data that is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy: We strive to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date. We provide users with the ability to update their personal data as needed.
- Security: We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from unauthorised access, use, and disclosure.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for ensuring that personal data is processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In addition to the global privacy fundamentals outlined above, we also comply with the GDPR when processing the personal data of users in the European Union. This includes the following key principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency: We process personal data in a lawful, fair, and transparent manner.
- Purpose limitation: We only process personal data for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes.
- Data minimization: We only process personal data that is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy: We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Storage limitation: We only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
- Integrity and confidentiality: We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of personal data.
- Data subject rights: We provide users with the ability to exercise their rights under the GDPR, including the right to access, rectify, erase, and restrict the processing of their personal data.
COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
What data do we collect?
- Email addresses.
The only personal data we collect from you is your email address. We collect this information when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you sign up or contact us via email.
- Cookies. How to manage cookies?
We use third-party cookies like but not limited to Google Analytics, Twitter and YouTube, to collect information about how you interact with our website. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally. We use this data to improve our website’s performance and user experience. You can manage your cookies preferences at any time, by clicking on “Manage Cookies” on our website.
How do we store your data?
At CODBEX, we understand that data is a critical asset for any business, and keeping it secure is of utmost importance. We take our responsibility to protect your data very seriously, and we use state-of-the-art technology to ensure that your information is stored safely and securely.
One of the ways we store your data is through the use of the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). GCP is a secure cloud environment that offers a range of features designed to keep your data safe. Here’s how we store your data using GCP:
Encryption: We use encryption to ensure that your data is secure both when it’s in transit and at rest. GCP uses strong encryption standards, including 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption, to ensure that your data is always protected.
Data Segregation: We make sure that your data is segregated from other customers’ data. This means that your data is stored separately and cannot be accessed or tampered with by anyone else.
Multi-Factor Authentication: We use multi-factor authentication to ensure that only authorised personnel can access your data. This means that we require more than just a password to access your data - we also use additional factors, such as biometric information or a token, to verify identity.
Firewalls: We use firewalls to protect your data from unauthorised access. Our firewalls act as a barrier between the internet and your data, blocking any attempts to access it that do not meet our strict security protocols.
Regular Backups: We regularly back up your data to ensure that it can be restored in the event of a disaster or data loss. Our backups are stored in a separate location, ensuring that even if there is a failure in one location, your data will still be safe.
At CODBEX we use the latest technology to ensure that your data is stored safely and securely. By using GCP, we can provide a secure cloud environment that gives you peace of mind knowing that your data is protected at all times.
Will your data be shared with anyone?
We do not share your personal data with others outside of CODBEX. We do not disclose your personal data to any third parties, except for our trusted service providers who assist us in operating our website and providing services to you. These service providers are contractually obligated to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
USE AND PURPOSE OF COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
- Provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- Conduct online chat or email communications.
- Provide the ability to contact you and to provide customer feedback and support.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- The right to be informed - You have the right to know how your personal data is being processed.
- The right of access - You have the right to request CODBEX for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that CODBEX correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CODBEX to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that CODBEX erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that CODBEX restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CODBEX’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CODBEX transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CODBEX does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This site may contain links to other sites. CODBEX is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites outside of CODBEX.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. Third-party cookies like but not limited to Google Analytics, Twitter and YouTube are retained for a maximum of 14 months.
INQUIRIES, ACCESS AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
CODBEX needs your help in keeping the personal data you have shared with us accurate and up to date. If you are a registered user, you may make these updates yourself online via: https://www.codbex.com. You may also make these updates or other changes by sending an email to: email@example.com.